Strategic Content, Product and UX Solutions
15+ years of content development, management and strategy; UX; product management across a wide range of industries including digital marketing, financial services, IT, creative, and higher education. Specializing in: Building and managing effective processes; delivering compelling user experiences; ensuring successful project/product launches. Adept at aligning cross-functional teams and driving user-centric ‘content clarity’ across all media.
Content Strategy, UX, IxD, UI, CX, Product Management, Corporate/Product Branding, Art Direction, Graphic Design, Editorial Services, eLearning, e-commerce, Digital Marketing, Email Campaigns, Program/Product Launch, Communications, Client Relationships
Yale University – New Haven, CT (Jul. 2016-Oct.2016)
On-site contract working in Change Leadership & Communications team within Yale Business Operations.
Communications & Change Management Consultant
Worked with Change Leadership & Communications team as well as an on-site team from a leading consulting firm to implement a Workday Financials system for Yale.
- Managed content delivery to educate the Yale community about ongoing Workday implementations.
- Established timelines and a content strategy for cross-functional team communications as well as segmented content and messaging for the wider university audience.
- Aligned efforts of Yale staff and Deloitte consultants; balanced agile methods and university practices.
Prudential Financial – Shelton, CT (Mar. 2015-Dec. 2015)
Full-time, on-site, long-term (consecutive) contracts with Prudential Annuities division of Prudential, Inc.
Web Content Strategy Consultant – Sales Portal (Mar. 2015-July. 2015)
Developed a plan for redesigning, streamlining, and optimizing Sales Portal for Prudential Annuities to support efficient use by internal and external sales teams. Content strategy, UX/UI, content management, design, support. [Sales Strategy & Business Intelligence team.]
- UX/UI: Sketches, wireframes, prototypes, user/process flows, design walkthroughs for new desktop and mobile (tablet and phone) experiences.
- Demos, focus groups, usability testing, and proposals for gaining user buy-in and ensuring content appropriateness and ease of use; produced clean/direct layouts, and clear/effective design ‘look and feel.’
- Created metrics/analytics-driven UI proposals balancing actual vs. intended/desired Sales Portal usage.
- Partnered directly with stakeholders at all levels in the organization to debate options, examine alternatives, generate consensus, teach effective Sales Portal usage techniques, and achieve goals.
- Assembled compelling presentation materials for internal executives and department heads to gain organizational buy-in for proposed changes.
- Worked with 3rd party vendor to accomplish technical integration of new designs and user experience.
- Handled ongoing content updates using CMS, troubleshooting and support for cross-functional teams.
Digital Strategy/UX Consultant (Aug. 2015-Oct. 2015)
Conducted usability assessment of authenticated Financial Advisor website (FP Portal) for Prudential Annuities. [Digital Strategy, Media and Advertising team within Marketing department.]
- High-level audit of existing user experience with eye toward improving UX/UI and aligning the portal with the overall content strategy of the Marketing department and Prudential Annuities as a whole.
- Interviewed relevant stakeholders to gather first-hand feedback from internal staff as well as insights into the experience of financial advisors/professionals (primary users of the site).
- Created mockups for design changes; made analytics-driven recommendations for content re-structuring and clearer, targeted messaging for strengthening Prudential’s value proposition to financial advisors.
- Proposed cognitive walkthroughs and heuristic evaluations for efficient user experience research.
Technical Writing Consultant – Sales Training (Nov. 2015-Dec. 2015)
Worked with Sales Training and HR to develop compelling content for Prudential’s National Sales Desk materials. [Center for Professional Excellence department.]
- Content development/strategy, competitive analysis, and research.
- Rewrote job descriptions for key National Sales Desk roles in order to attract top candidates, addressing content concerns including diversity, demographics, and appeal to younger applicants.
- Produced content solutions that accurately reflect Prudential’s corporate culture; interviewed and surveyed internal staff to gather hands-on, targeted, experiential input.
Freelance: UX/UI; Editorial; Product Design/Management – CT/NYC Area (2011-2015)
Various companies and organizations serving a wide range of target audiences and clients.
Content development, management and strategy. UI/UX, graphic design; writing/editing; organizational support. Client relationship management/cultivation, pre-sales/sales, promotion; business process improvement.
- Email campaign management, design and marketing support for Corporate Display Specialties.
- Writing, editing and developing educational materials for Quesbook (standardized test prep/eLearning). Passages covered a wide range of topics including science, nature, history and biography.
- Graphic design/UI for Web Commerce Partners: shopping cart experience, targeted promotions, email template design, online marketing and advertising.
- Web/UI design, product management, copywriting/editing for TIWINH (web media co.). Collaboration with 3rd-party advertisers and contributors. Concept selling, brand promotion, partnership prospecting.
- UI/UX enhancements, graphic design for Massachusetts Property Insurance; NexOps, Inc.
- Marketing, advertising, pre-sales, sales for Admonkey; face-to-face marketing; prospect generation; client relationships and account management; business process improvement/enhancement.
Q-Bridge, Inc. – New Haven, CT (2005-2010)
Digital marketing agency offering creative services and a hosted B2B marketing automation platform.
Interactive Communications Director/Art Director
UX/UI, product management, front-end design in an agile environment. Email campaign management, corporate/product branding and advertising. Company-wide content strategy, editorial services and messaging. Product management and usability testing throughout project lifecycles and multiple product/program launches.
- Worked closely with the CEO, VP of Technology, Lead Developer to create dynamic, scalable personalized URL (PURL) microsites and SaaS programs for clients including Gartner, SAS, Cognizant, Merrill Corp.
- Collaborated extensively with programmers to solve technical problems; partnered with account managers to satisfy client expectations and accomplish project goals; helped define project scope and budget.
- Juggled multiple projects simultaneously (up to 5 at once, each with $1M+ budgets); consistently met critical deadlines; ensured several successful product launches.
- Facilitated early deployment of flagship programs and ongoing, successful program launches that enabled rapid company growth and ensured long-term sustainability.
- Led User Interface design; co-managed User Experience development/testing; directed teams of 3-5 (in-house designers and outside contractors).
- Graphic design for all projects, websites, emails, internal communications, and client-facing materials; maintained creative timelines and managed all visual assets.
- Managed start-to-finish email campaigns; maintained large contact lists and prospect data; designed dynamic email templates.
- Ensured consistently high email click-through rates (often averaging 20+% percent) through targeted messaging, A/B testing, anti-SPAM compliance, and utilizing up-to-date, ever-evolving best practices.
- Integrated internal marketing automation processes with 3rd party email and content management systems in order to reach larger prospect populations (100K to 1M+ per campaign).
- Technical pre-sales and promotion of company platform/product to current and prospective clients.
- Created/managed design, editorial and procedural style guides and process documents; instructed colleagues, new hires and clients on best practices for using internal and external/partnered tools.
Infinity Software Development, Inc. – Tallahassee, FL (2000-2004)
Technology solutions firm specializing in IT, business consulting and creative campaigns.
Multimedia Designer (2001-2004)
Developed interactive eLearning programs to prepare students and teachers for standardized tests. Area management, UX/UI, QA, testing, and product/program launch. Liaison between project areas and stakeholders.
- Created interactive prototypes and developed project strategy for deploying the first and subsequent iterations of “FCAT Explorer,” a long-term project for the Florida Department of Education.
- Managed/art directed internal teams (3-4 designers); produced high volume of visual content including illustration, animation; UI/UX contributor on all levels of program development.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams, instructional designers and subject matter experts to ensure delivery of several high-profile programs; success of these programs contributed to rapid company growth.
- Served as a change agent for adopting new creative software and improving integration approaches with other departments.
- Conducted on-site usability testing in classrooms; obtained student and teacher feedback for optimizing program effectiveness and maximizing instructional benefit; provided QA support for all projects.
Copywriting, editing, content development for educational programs; internal communications; project coordination.
- Wrote and edited numerous reading passages; ensured proper tone, age-appropriateness and quality.
- Helped finalize user experience and instructional design for 4th grade reading program.
- Managed up to 10 outside writers (including timelines/budgets); oversaw change management procedures.
- Created and maintained project documents, internal style guides, newsletter articles and meeting minutes.
ABC-CLIO – Remote (1998-2001)
Publisher of reference materials marketed to the higher education community and academic professionals.
Writing comprehensive summaries and abstracts of scholarly articles covering a wide range of subjects.
- Produced several (estimated 100+) summaries/abstracts used in online and CD-ROM products.
- Interpreted and synthesized information about previously unfamiliar topics; consistently met deadlines.
Social Science Monographs – Bradenton, FL/Remote (1995-1998)
Publishing firm specializing in topics related to Eastern Europe. (Distributed by Columbia University Press.)
Support for Managing Editor in running the business; managed all correspondence in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ensured the completion and publication of several titles covering diverse topics; finalization of manuscripts often required a high level of attention and alteration; handled several titles simultaneously.
- Performed editing, copywriting, pre-press layout, electronic and print formatting, typesetting.
Adobe CC/CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.); HTML/CSS; Axure RP, Balsamiq, Visio, MS Office; CMS/EMS programs incl. WordPress, ExactTarget, Eloqua, Constant Contact, SharePoint; Chicago/AP/APA/MLA editorial styles; Google Analytics, metrics reporting/analysis; SEO; Workday HCM and Financials exposure
STANFORD UNIVERSITY – M.A., Russian and East European Studies – Palo Alto, CA
CORNELL UNIVERSITY – B.A., Government – Ithaca, NY